You’ve got to love the squat. Squats are medicine for your body. Sure, heavy full squats will induce tears on occasion, but training them makes you better every single day.
Among the benefits of squat training are the fulfillment of both one’s strength and sporting potential. In addition, using squats to anchor regular workouts can help one attain a pleasing athletic physique.
The many reasons to squat don’t end with aesthetics. The incredible benefits of training squats include the following:
• They build the biggest, most important muscles in the body: glutes, quads, hamstrings, erector spinae, and abdominals
• They improve athletic performance, allowing you to run faster, jump higher, and change direction faster
• They increase your flexibility and allow you to move with ease
• They build power for greater explosive strength
• They improve overall health and delay aging—you’re never too old to squat