written by: Dr. Tim Jackson
Today, a variety of factors contribute to weakened immunity in the majority of the population
1) Heavy metals/toxic metals: Mercury, aluminum, lead, etc.
2) Pesticides, herbicides and other contaminants
3) Low body temperature
4) Hormonal imbalances: high cortisol/low DHEA, low cortisol/low DHEA, low thyroid function
5) Poor digestive health: imbalances in good:bad flora, mal-absorption, etc.
6) Epigenetic polymorphisms that are expressing: MTHFR, which is
related to the production of certain types of immune cells known as T
cells and GSTM/GSTP, which affects our levels of glutathione, an
anti-oxidant important for immune function.